I wonder what’s over that hill…?
VW’s new flagship is the most technologically advanced production car to come out of Wolfsburg. The Touareg is a premium, hi-tech SUV that redefines
sophisticated on- and off-road driveability.
Sharper lines, a wider and longer (but lighter) body and the remarkable MLB architecture – which includes electro-mechanically 48V adjustable anti-roll bars
working in conjunction with the active all-wheel steering – are just some of the Touareg’s phenomenal features.
Powered by a 3.0 V6 turbodiesel engine and VW’s patented 4MOTION(R) technology, which moves each wheel forward independently, the new Touareg boldly navigates its way through the most rugged terrain. There are six driving modes, each readily accessible and controllable through the onboard computer.
Be in command
The cabin ambience is interrupted only by the hi-tech, fully digitised Innovision Cockpit which lets you control the Touareg’s command centre through touch, gesture and voice. Housed in a 15” Discover Premium screen, it’s angled towards the driver for an ergonomically optimised – and customisable – display.
There’s a host of potential tech onboard, too, including: ‘Night Vision’ to detect humans and animals in darkness via a thermal imaging camera; LED matrix headlights; roadwork lane assist (to steer, brake and accelerate for you); a pedestrian presence; head-up display; trailer assist; park assist and 360-degree cameras.
The new Touareg’s interior offers:
• 14-way ergoComfort seats (standard on the Luxury and Executive): Electric adjustment for the seat height, length, seat cushion angle, backrest angle, plus four-way electrically adjustable lumbar support.
• Ambient lighting package: Beautifully illuminates the interior of the vehicle in a choice of 30 striking colours.
• Climate control: Together with the Ambient Lighting, you can create an environment that’s perfect for you.
• Active front climate seats: These offer a choice of three separate ventilation settings for the driver and front passenger.
Safety in technology
IQ Light Matrix LED headlights with intelligent light modes and dynamic Light Assist (available on the Executive model): Minimise the chances of a collision by providing greater illumination without dazzling other motorists.
Front Assist: Monitors the traffic situation in front of your car using radar and warns you when you get too close, even applying the brakes to avoid collision.
Adaptive Cruise Control: Automatically adjusts your speed to that of the vehicle ahead, ensuring you keep a safe distance. The system will warn you if you’re approaching too fast and, in an emergency, generate enough braking force to reduce the severity of the collision or totally prevent one.
- Airbags Quantity 6
- Airbags driver, passenger, front side, curtain
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)